Friday, April 18, 2008

Thinking outside the box

I went to an event not long ago and one of the speakers was talking about the importance of mothers milk versus formula. It was so interesting on one hand and sort of sad on the other since I will be adopting a child not creating my family through birth.

It did however cause me to start thinking of parenting and all that goes with it and looking forward to creating an environment in my home specific for my child and their needs. What makes one child different from another and how do you recognize the potential in your child versus what you want them to become. I know their is a plan and purpose for each of us and I want to learn to think outside the box of what is expected and get in tune with exactly what this child will need to grow up feeling loved and nurtured.

I think we have to look at parenting as an art. You have to learn how to shade and color and item but you have to look intently as to what the item is and hear the color it's calling out to be.

No comments: